First Presbyterian offers a variety of adult classes for everyone to grow in their faith and their understanding of who God is and what God is calling us to do in the world. There are particular Bible studies held separately for men and women in addition to a variety of discussion-based classes for both genders. A visitor will notice three aspects about all of the adult classes at First Presbyterian: First, although many of the classes can be comprised of people similar in age, many people choose an adult class based on the content and style of the study. Second, and more importantly, anyone is welcome to attend any adult class and all who attend are welcomed!
Sunday Morning Classes (9:45 a.m. to 10:40 a.m.)
- James Park Bible Class
- Rosa Scott Class
- Discipleship Class
- Carrick Class
- Foundation Builder’s Class
- New Horizons
- Jesus’ Friends Class
There will be three or four different adult classes offered every Wednesday as part of our Worshipful Wednesdays series (6:30pm – 7:30pm) . Descriptions of the classes are listed below: Please note that not all of the options listed below will be available. Current Adult Classes are listed below.
- Intensive Bible Study – These studies are meant to be 6-8 weeks in length and require a commitment to that course for that duration. 15 people will be the maximum allowed in each of these studies to provide a more serious and intimate environment. The studies and teachers will change every 6-8 weeks for variety and to allow others to participate.
- Faith Discovery Class – These studies are meant to be structured discussions centered around a book of interest, contemporary or historical, and related to our faith. These classes will not have a strict size limit. These studies will be open to all adults interested in the book topic.
- Coffee Brew: Musings About Faith Over a Hot Cup of Joe–Grab a cup of coffee and head to the Session Room for informal conversations with Meredith Loftis about faith and living as Christians in the 21st century. With the use of TED Talks, YouTube, and speakers, we will explore current events and themes relevant to today’s world. (January 13, 20, 27, and February 3rd.)
- Expressions of Faith – This will be the normal course that has been in the James Park Class. The core will made up of variety of one time topics and speakers, visiting missionaries, invited speakers of note, or church members. The topics will relate to the myriad ways we express our faith here at First Pres., such as our global and local missions and topics with which our members our passionate. A newcomer attending this class could quickly learn the core of how First Pres. members put their faith into action and their interests.
CURRENT ADULT WORSHIPFUL WEDNESDAY CLASSES –